Monday, December 21, 2009

Reading Material fit for the Motherland






I really thought long and hard about what my reading material would be for "The Passage to India", since essentially, I'll be traveling for 20 hours on a plane(s)! (barf)

Instead of exerting too much mental strain, I decided to let inspiration just come to me, as I browsed a local bookstore.


And, there it was...


Mother Teresa: Come Be My Light.*



To be honest, I felt kinda cliché about getting the book: traveling to India, reading a book about Mother Teresa. C'mon Maureen, I thought to myself, that's even too corny for you.



But I remember reading excerpts from the book in TIME a few years back, being absolutely mesmerized by her words and her uncanny willingness to completely dedicate her life to God. I had made a mental note to get the book then, but for whatever reason, I didn't and completely forgot about it.


But as I stood in the bookstore that night holding the book in my hand, I knew that I was meant to read it...on my way to India.


This trip for me is (God willing) going to be an integral part in a rejuvenation process for me and I hope that by reading about this extraordinary woman's extraordinary relationship with her God, I will find some answers in figuring out the next level in my relationship with my God.


Happy...and insightful...reading...to me!




* Also right next to Mother Teresa's book, was C.S. Lewis' Great Divorce. I took it as a sign and got it as well.

3 comments:

5chw4r7z said...

Have a fun, exciting and safe trip.

McEwan said...

I stumbled across your blog and am happy to have done so.

I'd recommend you read the Great Divorce. It's fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Hello. I found your blog on CWB. Wonderful! Don't feel corny about the book and the trip because they simply go together. I do not think that it's too matchy matchy just related. Trust me when I say that you will be glad to have the company of such a wonderful woman with you on your trip preparing and inspiring you for an amazing trip.

Have a great time and be safe!