Tuesday, December 15, 2009

You've Been...Updated!



Just a quick update about what exactly has been going on in my world, mainly because 1. i
t's been a while since I've blogged, and 2. to quench the curiosity of the numerous people who have been contacting me about various "rumors" of what's been going on with me.

  • November 8, 2009, marked two months that I resigned from Purple Trout, LLC. All I'm going to say about the whole matter is that I am REALLY relieved and ecstatic to NOT be associated with that company anymore. God's will be done.
  • I am NOT employed currently nor am I looking for another job, at the present moment, partly because of 1. the last bulletin point listed here, and 2. because I'm using this time as a sabbatical of sorts praying and asking God for direction with my life. I am going to be (God willing) very careful and wise in choosing my next place of employment. I will not repeat the same mistake...TWICE. All I know is, that I want to work for a nonprofit...no more of this shenanigans working for people who's god is money...and greed. I want to work for those who put others...and God first. In the end, I want to be doing what God wants me to do...whatever the hell that means. God's will be done.
  • I met someone. He met me. I am dating. He's dating me. We are dating. It's all, very, very good. Basically, I'm the happiest I've been in a while and he has a large part in that. *sigh* *bliss* God's will be done.
  • It just doesn't feel like Christmas to me. Don't know why that is though. What's up with that? Is it just me? It can't be. I've heard other peeps expressing the same sentiment. Is it global warming's fault? (Nah couldn't be...insufficient data.) I haven't been in the mood to listen to any Christmas music, watch Christmas movies (other than "Dr. Suess' How The Grinch Stole Christmas"), send out Christmas cards (sorry folks) or do an iota of Christmas shopping. I literally have no desire, no urge. Hopefully, when all the family gets together (see bullet point below), I'll get into the spirit. God's will be done.
  • Next Wednesday (12/23), the sis and I will be leaving for PA to spend Christmas with family. The rents will be flying in from the islands and meeting us there. Then on 12/28, both families will be departing from Newark on what I affectionately like to refer to as, "The Passage to India." We will be gone until 1/19. We'll be back in the Cintucky 1/22. And while I'm excited to be with my family and return to the motherland after a 23 year absence, all I can think about is leaving my beloved Fiona and Kitty behind and how I am - and most importantly, how they are - going to live without seeing each other...every day. I would rather NOT go on this whole trip, so that I can be with my fur babies. Yes, I AM that far gone. #crazycatlady. Also, I haven't packed one iota for the trip. Did I mention that we'll be leaving a week from tomorrow?! Yeah, well we are. God's will be done.

So, that's it! You're basically all caught up!

*You may now return to your regularly-programmed life*

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Dr. Alex said...

Thanks for the great updates! Best of luck with all!

Maureen said...

thanks for reading alex!