Friday, February 27, 2009
Yesterday, Feb 26, Johnny Cash would've celebrated his 77th birthday.
Not much was mentioned in the media, which really is a shame.
Many have criticized Cash's rendition of Nine Inch Nails' "Hurt", but I dare anyone not to be moved, in some form, while watching him in the video below...
Johnny, you are truly missed.
They just don't make 'em like you anymore.
They just don't.
And that's what hurts most...
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Okay, so it's not exactly Sunday...but the weather here in the Cintucky is cold, dreary, dark gray, windy, wet and gloomy.
This song has been playing in my head all day...
I don't know if me being born during a hurricane (David, '79), has something to do with it, but stormy, rainy, thundery weather makes me come alive. I feel so one with nature...with myself...and with God. It's kinda animalistic and innate in a way.
I love stormy weather the best and more than most. I absolutely adore it.
Sometimes, I feel like Dracula and want to dramatically shrink away behind my cape, when the winds and rain cease and the sun breaks through a stormy day.
It's the perfect weather to stay home, in PJs & fuzzy socks, cuddle up with the kitties, eat & drink, watch romantic movies, do a little reading here and there, dream of...and make love.
Have you ever met someone...or gotten to know someone...and thought...if only the timing...and circumstances were different...
...then maybe, just maybe, there might be a possibility that they would be with you...and you with them? And that you were meant for each other.
I've definitely thought that.
Sometimes...life is just not fair.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Do not mistake my kindness...or Christianity...for weakness.
I will NOT let anyone take advantage of me.
Just because I'm a Christian, striving in exercising a Christ-like life, love and faith, doesn't mean I will be your stepping stone.
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:31 (New International Version)
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Who knew Brittany Murphy could sing so well?!
Maybe she should've pursued singing over acting, for a more viable career...though she does play crazy extremely well...but I don't think that's acting...that's just reality for her.
But I digress...
I kill the treadmill with this song...at least for 3 minutes and 15 seconds!
Another post from the ole Myspace account, originally posted on June 17, 2007.
2 The LORD was with Joseph and he prospered, and he lived in the house of his Egyptian master.
3 When his master saw that the LORD was with him and that the LORD gave him success in everything he did,
4 Joseph found favor in his eyes and became his attendant. Potiphar put him in charge of his household, and he entrusted to his care everything he owned.
5 From the time he put him in charge of his household and of all that he owned, the LORD blessed the household of the Egyptian because of Joseph. The blessing of the LORD was on everything Potiphar had, both in the house and in the field.
6 So he left in Joseph's care everything he had; with Joseph in charge, he did not concern himself with anything except the food he ate. Now Joseph was well-built and handsome,
7 and after a while his master's wife took notice of Joseph and said, "Come to bed with me!"
8 But he refused. "With me in charge," he told her, "my master does not concern himself with anything in the house; everything he owns he has entrusted to my care.
9 No one is greater in this house than I am. My master has withheld nothing from me except you, because you are his wife. How then could I do such a wicked thing and sin against God?"
10 And though she spoke to Joseph day after day, he refused to go to bed with her or even be with her.
11 One day he went into the house to attend to his duties, and none of the household servants was inside.
12 She caught him by his cloak and said, "Come to bed with me!" But he left his cloak in her hand and ran out of the house.
13 When she saw that he had left his cloak in her hand and had run out of the house,
14 she called her household servants. "Look," she said to them, "this Hebrew has been brought to us to make sport of us! He came in here to sleep with me, but I screamed.
15 When he heard me scream for help, he left his cloak beside me and ran out of the house."
16 She kept his cloak beside her until his master came home.
17 Then she told him this story: "That Hebrew slave you brought us came to me to make sport of me.
18 But as soon as I screamed for help, he left his cloak beside me and ran out of the house."
19 When his master heard the story his wife told him, saying, "This is how your slave treated me," he burned with anger.
20 Joseph's master took him and put him in prison, the place where the king's prisoners were confined.
But while Joseph was there in the prison,
21 the LORD was with him; he showed him kindness and granted him favor in the eyes of the prison warden.
22 So the warden put Joseph in charge of all those held in the prison, and he was made responsible for all that was done there.
23 The warden paid no attention to anything under Joseph's care, because the LORD was with Joseph and gave him success in whatever he did.
A man who has character.
A man who is willing to, literally, run away from temptation.
A man who does the Godly thing, when no one is looking and when it's the most difficult thing to do.
A man who is willing, if it came to it, to go to prison for maintaining his character and integrity.
If you don't fit that description, don't even bother...
...because I am a woman of character...
I am "Josephine."
Monday, February 23, 2009
It's a foolish move really...planting seeds of hate, when in the end, all you have to show are crops of hate that eventually are self-destructive.
Don't think the above verse won't apply to you just because you don't believe in a Judaic Christian God? Well, you're not off the hook that easily!
Remember this little "golden rule?":
Oh, and then there's that other little thing...what was it again...oh yeah...karma.
Your seeds of hate will not prevail. Why? Because my God told me so...
and you will refute every tongue that accuses you.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,
and this is their vindication from me,"
declares the Lord."
Your actions can't EVER harm me...because I'm a child of God.
In the meantime, these words are my mantra...
Because I have learned, that what I sow, I reap.
And I want to reap a bountiful, rewarding crop.
Friday, February 20, 2009
This post is dedicated to the Sis...or any other woman who loves her wine...or her Asti.
What's so special about the glass pictured above you ask?
Well, my curious friends, it just so happens that the above-pictured glass is brilliantly engineered to hold an ENTIRE bottle of wine (champagne, vodka, etc.) That's right, an ENTIRE bottle! 750ml to be exact. No more interruptions of multiple pourings preventing you from enjoying your preferred libation. This is the best thing since...well....since they figured out how to get wine outta grapes!
Hey, they say that a glass of wine a day is a good thing!
Can be purchased here.
And since I prefer sparkling, sweet wines or champagnes to wines any day AND the fact that my birthday is Sept 18, the glass would be the perfect bottle-to-mouth receptacle for my ultimate preferred libation...
Conan's last show will air in a few hours. Personally, I'm kinda glad that he'll be taking over Jay Leno's gig/time slot...this just means now, more people will be up to appreciate his comedic brilliance.
Conan is by far one of my top five comedians. I just love him. I don't think any other man on this planet has made me belly-laugh, tear-stream and be stitch/headache induced, as he has. No one.
Before I got DVR, I would stay up late just to catch his 12:35a.m.EST broadcast. And this is when I was working 12-hour shifts at the ER, double-majoring at college full-time taking 21 credits, AND fulfilling my role as editor-in-chief for NKU's student newspaper, The Northerner, all to wake up at 5a.m. and do it all over again. That's how much I love the dude.
Of all the things I loved about Conan and his show, hands-down, my favorite was the "Texas Walker Ranger Lever" segment. I mean, Conan literally, made Chuck Norris cool!
Below is a compilation/"mashup," if you will, of the best of the TWRLs. Trust me, you'll enjoy EVERY single second. (FYI, check out the second mashup for a "special guest" appearance towards the end of the video!)...
On his second-to-last show, Conan deemed the following, "the funniest Walker Texas Ranger clip EVER"...
...I couldn't agree more.
Genius. Absolutely, stunningly, achingly genius.
Now this is comedy done right!
Can't wait to see what the next saga of Conan will bring...
Thursday, February 19, 2009
I have thought about getting inked...tatted up. Even thought about getting something on my face...gasp...shock...whodathunkit?!
Would I ever go through with it? Not quite sure, but I figure, if I'm going to mark my body permanently, why not go big, all-the-way and worth-the while, eh? Obviously, I would get a tat that proclaimed my faith, there's nothing else worth putting on my body.
Did some research online and by far, this is the coolest face tat, I've ever seen...
Isn't it freaking awesome?! Pretty genius if you ask me. Talk about going all the way...this dude has some balls! I've always had a thing with skulls...but man, this is hardcore.
I wonder what his motivation was?
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
as I recall when my stomach turned
and I was hiding away from myself
away from you
like nothing but something was terribly wrong
and I admit that I was only waiting for the right time (right time)
right moment for you to look away
though you never did I pretended for a while
so I could walk where I don't belong
I remember every word you said
come back in time come back
and I remember I was too beaten
pitiful so pitiful
but I know as they hammered those nails
into your beautiful hands
your eyes they tried to search for mine
but I look away
now your eyes are the only thing that can save me
I'm still afraid of them piercin'
you break into my prison
just pretended for a while
my soul is sad and I walk away
I remember every word you said
come back in time come back
and I remember I was too beaten
pitiful so pitiful
and I remember every word you said
but this time I won't look away
and I remember every word you said
and this time I won't look away
and I remember every word you said
come back in time come back
and I remember I was so beaten
pitiful so pitiful
and I remember every word you said (pitiful)
come back in time come back (pitiful)
and I remember I was too beaten (pitiful)
pitiful so pitiful
Watched The Reader on Sunday.
Needless to say, this is an excellent film. Stunning acting. Incredible thought-provoking plot and themes.
One of the main underlying themes is the concept of choices. How a single choice, or the lack of acting on a choice, can profoundly impact lives.
I wonder, if given the ability and access to consult magic crystal balls that reveal the future, if anyone would make the right choice, even if the outcome was known.
This life is filled with choices. Ethical, moral, rational, imperative, etc. As I go about my life, I wonder if I'm making the right choices. I know living a regret-free life is almost impossible, but I hope the choices I make are, at the least, pleasing to God.
I wonder if my life were a movie, if it would play out as a drama, comedy, romance, tragedy, etc.
And I wonder, in the end, if I'll be awarded for my "performance," by the One who matters most.
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Saturday, February 14, 2009
As the world celebrates this day of love with loved ones, cards, jewelry, chocolate, flowers, dinner plans, etc., I wonder how many people will remember the act of unconditional love that happened thousands of years ago.
Even though I find myself alone this Valentine's Day, I am truly the most loved and blessed woman on the planet...because of someone special in my life.
Jesus is my ONE and ONLY, true Valentine.
His unconditional love for me is beyond fathoming and expressing in my mere, inadequate verbiage.
He loves me despite all my flaws and sins and junk.
What more can a girl ask for?
I love you Jesus.
I have received the best gift of all...His Life and His Love...
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
Neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Friday, February 13, 2009
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Another old blog post from my Myspace account; originally posted on 12/15/07. Still makes me LMAO today...
***This commercial makes me burst out laughing. It reminds me of what I "put" my ex-boyfriend through, when I first became a vegan. Funny stuff.
P.S. To my future mate...this is a glimpse into our future!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
ShannanB of Mommy Bits is the inspiration behind this post.
This is what she tweeted last night (click on image below and see gray highlighted area.)...
This literally made my day. I loved it so much that it warranted a new category, "Tweet of the Day." It's so good, that it AUTOMATICALLY and INSTANTANEOUSLY was added to the list.
I told Shannan that I don't blame "SM!" Have you seen donkeys??!! They are sooo stinkin cute!
When...not if...I start my own animal sanctuary, I plan on having donkeys be a huge part of the intakes. Though the thought of just having a donkey sanctuary equally thrills me to the bones!
Thanks once again Shannan for making my day. Those are some highly entertaining kiddos you and marty_b have produced!
Keep the hilarity coming!
Monday, February 9, 2009
8 "Your hands shaped me and made me.
Will you now turn and destroy me?
9 Remember that you molded me like clay.
Will you now turn me to dust again?"
Job 10: 8-9 (New International Version)
16 You turn things upside down,
as if the potter were thought to be like the clay!
Shall what is formed say to him who formed it,
"He did not make me?"
Can the pot say of the potter,
"He knows nothing?"
Isaiah 29:16 (New International Version)
9 "Woe to him who quarrels with his Maker,
to him who is but a potsherd among the potsherds on the ground.
Does the clay say to the potter,
'What are you making?'
Does your work say,
'He has no hands?'
Isaiah 45:9 (New International Version)
My times are in Your hands
I know I'll never understand
But I'll trust in You
Sometimes my heart grows cold
I'm sorry when I take control
How I'm needing You
Even when I fall
You help me stand
Even when I'm lost
You take my hand
I will hold on
I will hold on
I will hold on
Yes, I will trust in You
My life is in Your hands
You hold the key to who I am
And I'll trust in You
Sometimes my heart is stone
I'm sorry when I walk alone
How I'm needing You
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Friday, February 6, 2009
Since it's Rick Astley's 41st birthday, it's only fitting that today is the official day and reason to get RickRolled!!!
Why don't they make music like this anymore??!! Or videos??!! Those moves, the wardrobe, the lighting, the sets, the camera panning effects, the backup dancers/models, the pompadour! Someone please explain this to me!
Again, let the Friday dance party commence...
No wonder I haven't been able to get a guy! Turns out that it was me, and not them.
I'm just a plain ole FloTown gal. Apparently, all those Glenway gals are where it's at.
All I want is a CCU guy. Who has rhythm and moves.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Are you in love with some words more than others? Does the way a certain word sounds, looks or spelled, get you more excited than others?
You get the gist...
Well, here's my list (so far)...in no particular order...or likability.
- Bambino (a)
- Panna Cotta
A lot can be said of someone's character, in regards to the way they treat...or abuse...animals and children.
It takes a "special kind of person" to inflict inhumane pain on those who are defenseless and "inferior."
Sarah Palin is such a person. Sarah Palin continues to reveal her true character.
She is a notorious, self-described "avid" hunter who disguises her innate delight in killing helpless animals, under the "conservationism" platform.
Thankfully, her appalling philosophies aren't going unchecked.
See how she is being held accountable here:
I can't even begin to imagine how this woman would've "run" this country if left to her own backwards, archaic, heartless devices.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Another blog from the ole Myspace account that I started back in July 2007. Thought I should continue/update it here.
It really started as a take on the classic - one of many - Seinfeld episodes called "Sponge Worthy." Granted, the...er...subject matter is slightly different...the same principal applies in the quotations world.
If you need a refresher, please refer below...
Latest additions will surely include "Twote of the Day," which reflects memorable, list-worthy quotes straight and hot off the Twitter feeds.
Some of these will be hilarious to first-time readers, others won't seem so obvious, while others will definitely be of the "I-guess-you-had-to-be-there" variety. But that's the point of this. All of them are random, but yet, funny.
Please keep in mind, that names and identities have been changed to protect the offending quoters...unless otherwise blatantly listed for humiliation purposes.
So I have been meaning to do this for a while; to keep a running record of some of the crazy, memorable, random, funny quotes that I have heard.
These have mainly been uttered by friends, family, acquaintances, co-workers, TV personalities, strangers, passers-by, celebrities, or myself, and they are so good that I needed to write them down so that I wouldn’t forget them...and mainly so that when I needed a good laugh, I am reminded of the good times associated with each.
P.S., If you know me, and I have overlooked an infamous quote of yours, please don’t hesitate to remind me about it in a comment to this post, so that I can add it to the list! ARE YOU LIST WORTHY?!!!!
- "I have this vision of you flying on a magic carpet and headed towards good things!" - Karen S.
- "We would make gorgeous butterscoth babies!" - RR
- "We don’t have a veggie burger, but you can have the turkey burger." - Waitress at Tri-County Friday’s
- "I’m straight and want some Maureen!" - RR
- "...gotta go!" - Puss-in-Boots from Shrek 3, and Toni
- "...well, you can have the butter...it doesn’t have any animals in it." - 42-year-old, female, Hallmark co-worker
- "You’re my favorite everything." - RR
- "Oh! You mean like the ’marines?!’" - Man, upon meeting me
- "...I hope lunch doesn’t mean strip club." - Dave
- "I’ll take a water on the rocks." - Order Mandy received at Tropicana
- "Flaaaaaaacid penis!" - Me to Mandy
- "You have a diamond of SEMEN on your forehead!" - Me to Mandy, in front of my parents, at the dinner table; I meant to say "sebum"
- "Guess who I waited on last night! Sammy Samosa!" - Mandy
- "It’s strange what desire can make foolish people do!" - Mandy’s drunk text message
- "I’m a sad clown." -Mandy
- " He doesn’t know about the mind/heart games raging in my head." - Heidi R.
- "What’s up ducks?!" - Mom
- "RAWR!!" - RR
- "You used Vivien Leigh, and Marlon Brando to open my eyes to what is really going to happen in the future for each one of us." - Mom
- "...a car called desire." - Mom
- "I am attracted to older men...but I always find myself in the company of boys." - My response when asked what kind of man I’m looking for
- "...I like the women with the FLAVA!" - RR
- "Stay up brownie!" - Me to my cousin Sammy
- "You’re what I look for in another human being." - RR
- "...crazy, crazy..." - Reba D.
- " I love dong." - Anonymous
- "You are the most beautiful Indian woman." - Random Indian guy cupping my face, on the dance floor at Ciceros.
- "He’s a walking STD!" - Mandy
- "Maureen look!! It’s my baby Bible!!!" - Toni, at Palomino
- "I almost went Brooke on her! -Toni referring to Brooke’s (of The Real World’s Colorado fame) infamous tirade; Toni almost had a similar episode with a Tri-county Mall’s Macy’s saleswoman.
- "That makes me a sad panda." - RR
- "You know it’s time to go when you want to cuss someone out...in a church...in front of little children!" - Toni referring to a bad work situation
- "I love Jesus...but I drink a little." Gladys Hardy, 83-year-old viewer from Austin, who Ellen calls regularly on The Ellen DeGeneres Show
- "Baby Samuel!" - Me to RR
- "...my VaJayJay!" - Oprah, on her nickname for a certain part of the female anatomy
- "You’re sooo tan!" "Compliment" made to Mandy by her former co-worker at Tropicana
- "Do u mean his ’thud’ ?" - Mom
- "You have Alicia Silverstone’s mouth!!" - The most frequent "Hollywood/celebrity-look-alike" compliment I receive
- "I got my ear and cartilage priced!" Hunter, he meant to say "pierced"!!
- "We keep giving each furtive glances!" Me, to my newly-moved-in-next-door neighbor
- "Bowling?!!! Why would he think I would want to go bowling?!!! Do I look like the type of person who likes to bowl?!!" - Brooke, The Real World Colorado
- "Salad is made out of milk."- Me, to Mandy
- "You have such three beautiful daughters!" A pA patient to my Dad, upon seeing a picture of my dad, my mom, my sister, and I.
- "You suuure are puuuurrdy!" - Compliment to me from countless red-neck men
- "There’s no meat at this breakfast!!" - I said angrily to my mom during my pre-vegan days
- "She doesn’t look like Beyonce!...I saw her Myspace profile!" - Mandy
- "I’m Caucasian!" - Katie H.
- "You look like your mom, from the back!" - Someone to Toni
- "Yeah, yeah, yeah...but where’s the rum?!" - Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Carribean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
- "The Vaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallleey!!" - Mandy
- "You’re my soup bitch." - Me, to Mandy
- "...nobody wants to see us together...but I got you!" - Mandy constantly sings to me<>
- "You wound me." - My mantra to Mandy
- "I need a job where I can make a lot of money...like Dora! [The Explorer]. I bet she makes a lot of money!" -Katie H.
- "...the Discoveryland logo makes me cranky." - Karen S.
- "...you can make me cum, but that doesn’t make you Jesus." - Tori Amos, Precious Things
- "Uh, oh! That’s a no-no!" - Miss Toni Genea, on the runway
- "My daughter is away at college majoring in Communications, but she never writes or calls home!" - Cartoon my Dad sent me while I was at NKU...majoring in Journalism!
- "He is also known as Stepbrother." - Me, about the stray kitten I adopted
- "I can do a lot with that nubbin." - Me, referring to a co-worker’s amputated ring finger (when I worked in the ER).
- "Lines drawn in the sand will eventually fade." - Will
- "If you sit on the fence long enough, your crotch will eventually start hurting." - Will
- "I’m a supermodel!" - Miss Toni Genea
- "I don’t think of you as white. You’re my black friend!" - Me about my friend Jamie, who is white
- "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi
- "Thou shalt not kill" does not apply to murder of one’s own kind only, but to all living beings; and this Commandment was inscribed in the human breast long before it was proclaimed from Sinai." - Leo Tolstoy
- "And God said, ’Behold, I have given you every herb-bearing seed which is upon the face of the earth, and every tree in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed: to you it shall be as meat....’"- Genesis 1:29, King James Translation
- "And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor political, nor popular, but he must take it because his conscience tells him that it is right." - Martin Luther King Jr.
- "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
- "A small group of thoughtful people could change the world. Indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead
- "I can accept failure, but I can’t accept not trying" - Me
- "Umm...umm...umm." - What Toni says when something is so crazy, ridiculous or unfathomable, or plain ole’ stupid.
- "You’re the most phenomenal puddy-cat!" - My daily mantra, to my phenomenal Siamese cat, Fiona
- "...I’m goin’ to need you to get it together!...K?!"- Toni
- "I can see her becoming President!" - My high school sophomore history/homeroom teacher, to my parents in a parent/teacher conference
- "You can be the guardian of my lettuce...how’s my lettuce now Maureen?" - Chad, about his hair
- "Sitting pretty for now, but when action starts is when I get ugly!" - Dave
- "You make me tingle in my boy parts."- RR
- "What we have is reality, right now I’m selling my soul for a fistful o’ dollars." - Dave
- "You look like a Mexican construction man...in that hat." - Mandy, my loving sister, to me
- "Guess who’s naked?!" -Dave
- "...I have a lot of odd obsessions, but peacocks and glitter is not one of them." - RR
- "It’s just lil ole me!" - Toni
- "Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" - Me, to Fiona
- "You guessed skeetin’ like lickety-split!" - Dave
- "Good thing I have such a hot ass." - RR
- "Meow." - Either Fiona or me
- "The D-to the-U-to the-P-to the-S-to the-T-to the-E-to the-R!" - Again...Mandy, to me.
- "Whistle while you work...!" - Mandy, to me
- "IRregardless of the situation!" - Jamie
- "All those menses!" - Toni
- "The WORLD is on Myspace!" - Me, to Toni on why should she get a Myspace account
- "Whatchya diamond!" - Mom
- "We’re so close...we could be sisters!" - Hunter to Katie
- "It’s no telling what you girls are doing up there!" - Mrs. Green, about Toni and I
- "My mom was going to name me Huckleberry." - Hunter
- "This day doesn’t count!..I’m starting tomorrow!" - Mandy, after a really bad day, in which she was not very "Christ-like."
- "It shouldn’t do that!" - Victoria’s Secret saleswoman, after Toni returned a pair of underwear that ripped before she even put them on
- "I consider myself an amateur hottie now...one day I’ll be a professional." - RR
- "I have a meeting in the Plum Room!" - Hunter
- "Mommy!...get Daddy!" - Toni
- "She out there playin in that water." - Mr. Green about Mrs. Green using the sprinklers and doing gardening
- "I’m going to be outta pocket that weekend." - Irvetta, not being able to entertain guests because her house was messy
- "I wish I could have lunch with Sanjaya!" - Hunter
- "You know I make you tingle in your girl parts." - RR
- "Vegans taste better." - Anonymous
- "Real men don’t eat meat." - Anonymous
- "That’s a ray-ray right there." - Irvetta, about stereotypical, "ghetto-like" behavior, as three people fought in the middle of the street
- "Stupid idiot!" - Toni, to people acting ignorantly
- "If people ask for it, then give it to them." - Mr. Green, about dealing with extremely and unnecessarily rude people
- "Thanks for being a team player!" - Karen S.
- "You guys are craaazy!" - Toni, about Mandy and me
- "These crazy people!" - Toni, about the Las Vegas Real World Reunion cast members
- "Do they have any rice noodles!?" - Toni
- "Let’s get some su-shay!" - Toni
- "I don’t like you, your family, or your friends, but I do like your cute kitty! Aww kitties!" - RR
- "Turtle green for the tortoise." - Mandy, to me
- "I like your face." - RR to me
- "This whole d?n world is crazzzzzzy!!" - Toni
- "Is he the CEO or something?!" - Mandy
- "What are you guys doing over there?!" - Toni, about Mandy and I
- "That Mandy is crazy!" - Toni
- "You better get on that before that ship sails to the far East." - Mandy, to me about a guy I found interesting
- "Currito?...I want HIS burrito!" - Mandy, about said mentioned guy
- "...you’re making me feel nerdylicious."- RR to me
- "Toni?...do you think you and Maureen could share Maureen’s sandwich?" - Karen S. to Toni, after she ate Toni’s Chipotle burrito. Karen called the burrito a sandwich
- "Kitson!" - Mandy, to Kitty
- "...this is the last dance of the Mohican." - Mandy
- "Don’t worship me until I’ve earned it." - Shirley MacLaine, Terms of Endearment
- "Correta Skank." - Me to Toni. I meant to say "Corretta Scott King"
- "It’s illegal...it’s the law." - Hunter about a sketchy work situation
- "...no! just go!...by the time you put your bra on, it’ll be 10 o’clock!!" - Me to Toni, at 9:45 p.m.
- "Those people aren’t joking around." - Me to Toni, about Nevisians (and Jamaicans) and the quality of island weed
- "I’m a piggie foodie." - Me to Mandy
- "I’m adorable! You should totally be making out with me right now!" - RR to me
- "...I have to stop eating, otherwise I will gain." - Me to Mandy, regarding a recent junk food binge
- "Is someone tickling your vagina?!!!" RR to me, because I sounded "funny" on the phone
- "You look like a moonpie chipmunk." - Me to Mandy, about a recent Myspace default pic
- "You’re a wandering bear." - Mandy to me, after I awoke from a nap
- "Hey Hunter, do you watch ’Hey Paula?’" - Toni to Hunter. "Paula Deen?!" Hunter responded in a southern, high-pitched drawl
- "...justice found him in the butt." - Kathy Griffin to a friend, about a gay pornstar
- "Hey Hunter, did you hear that Christiane will be doing a missions training on a sailboat?" - Toni to Hunter. "You mean like a pirate?!" - Hunter responded gleefully.
- "You two seem hyped up...are you cooking beans?" - My mother asked over the phone, of my sister and I.
- Unless something comes up in the next five hours or so...this goes down as the last noteworthy (and list worthy...if you know about my quotes list) of 2007.
- "Hey...he likes you...he gave you a clock and whiskey." - Me to Mandy about our uncle.
- "This seems like a long-dong-man kind of scenario!" - Me to Mandy about a scene in Foxy Brown.
- @amyscaliaamyscalia: @veganjacob twote of the day #1: "I think you need to be studied." 9:27 AM Nov 20th, 2008 from web in reply to veganjacob
- @amyscaliaamyscalia: @veganjacob quote of the day #6: "You can't tell people about me. They won't respect my work." 3:52 PM Nov 18th, 2008 from web in reply to veganjacob
- @amyscaliaamyscalia: @veganjacob quote of the day #5: "I just got a missed call from a number that's a million. How does a million call?" 3:51 PM Nov 18th, 2008 from web in reply to veganjacob
- @amyscaliaamyscalia: @veganjacob quote of the day #4: "I'm not really a female" 3:50 PM Nov 18th, 2008 from web in reply to veganjacob
- @amyscaliaamyscalia: @veganjacob quote of the day #3: "What's the company policy on drinking margaritas at lunch?" 2:13 PM Nov 18th, 2008 from web in reply to veganjacob
- @amyscaliaamyscalia: @veganjacob quote of the day #2: "ginger-rail" (that's right, not ginger ale) 8:49 AM Nov 18th, 2008 from web in reply to veganjacob
- @amyscaliaamyscalia: @veganjacob quote of the day: "I just want to kiss him, but I don't want him to take it the wrong way." 8:24 AM Nov 18th, 2008 from web in reply to veganjacob
- @mommybits: just asked boys if they wanted a little bro/sis. SM's response..."I'd rather have a donkey" Guess that's a no
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
***This is a blog, I posted on my Myspace account, back on April 25, 2007.
Rehashing it here, since the subject was brought up recently. The sentiments, almost a year ago, still ring true for me today and will never change...
I just wanted to make something very clear to those who might have certain "issues" with my choice to be a vegan and the whole animal rights (AR) movement in itself.
This blog isn't in response or retaliation to any particular person or inquiry, but rather my way of communicating my personal ethics, mostly for my benefit, and also so that my friends and those who care to know, will know where I stand about certain things.
Critics of the AR movement are always asking the question, "How can you justify spending your time helping animals when there are so many people who need help?"
I am not saying that we should only focus our attention on animal rights, and forget about human rights and all the human suffering that is going on in the world today. That is not the point and the message.
There are very serious problems in the world that deserve our attention, and cruelty to animals is one of them. We should try to alleviate ALL suffering — whether human or animal — whenever we can. Helping animals is not any more or less important than helping human beings — they are both important. Animal suffering and human suffering are interconnected and the same to me.
The atrocities that are committed against innocent women and children in the Darfur genocide, to the sexual abuse of innocent children by their own parents in America, all stem from the same ugly and evil ideology — that dominating/hurting/exploiting/ another person…or animal just because we think we have the right to and we deem ourselves more powerful than them. It's all a perception of control and superiority.
Just as the woman in Darfur screeches in horror at the sight of her three children torn from her arms and raped and burned alive in front of her, so does a cow sickeningly bellow instinctually when her new-born calf is torn way from her and shoved into a crate for veal production.
Suffering is suffering. We all have to do our part in ending it. For everyone.
I have a tremendously compassionate heart and burden for all those who suffer and I want to do whatever I can, to help anyone. I personally feel that God has given me a special calling to be a champion for the rights or animals, because they are so defenseless. But that doesn't mean I don't care about the other human causes around the world. I will do whatever I can to help any cause…that believes in treating everyone and everything with love and nonviolence.
So please, find your passion. It may be helping animals, feeding the hungry, or clothing the poor, or just being a kind and compassionate person to the people in your daily life. Whatever it is, do it and tell everyone about it. So that others will be aware…and eventually make a difference.***
A court in India has dismissed criminal proceedings against a married couple charged with obscenity for allegedly kissing in public in the capital, Delhi.
According to the story, the high court judge wondered how an "expression of love by a young married couple" could attract an obscenity charge. The maximum punishment for committing an "obscene act" is three months in prison.
Public displays of affection are still largely taboo in India.
Police arrested the couple - a 28-year-old man and a 23-year-old woman - for kissing near a station last September.
The police in Delhi had begun criminal proceedings against the couple for "sitting in an objectionable position near a metro (railway station) pillar and kissing due to which passersby were feeling bad."
The judge expressed surprise that the couple had been picked up and charged by police despite officers being told that they were married.
Have you seen Slumdog Millionaire (and if you haven't...*hits upside the head*) and the scenes with the Indian police...um..."interrogations?" Well, that's not entirely movie fiction or great acting (I mean the acting WAS great!), my friends. Indian police are VERY scary. Trust me.
As with any police force, there are good cops and bad cops, but within the Indian police force, there definitely seems to be rampant corruption, that has been embeded from decades of historical, political roots.
But once again...I digress...
I just don't get my people...and by MY people, I mean the country, India.
I mean, this is the country that came up with THE Kama Sutra, yet PDA is unacceptable?! I just don't get it!
The entire country is rifled with contradictions.
No public sex or PDA is allowed, but yet, the population is growing by leaps and bounds - with more than a BILLION people - mainly because sex education is still not socially accepted. The result? India is the second largest populated country in the world, with millions of "poor" people having more than five children PER family, most of whom aren't educated and live in slums.
But yet, the Bollywood industry - one of the largest film-producing franchises globally - churns out thousands of films a year, filled with scantily-clad guys and dolls, writhing/gyrating in rhythmic dance and song, along to an inevitable romantic-dramatic plot line.
If sex/love is so taboo, why is it acceptable to intently glorify/promote it on screen? Guess it's the whole fantasy-beats-reality schpeal.
Another contradiction? If the Bollywood formula is applied to "made for TV," it's taboo. That's right. Love/sex is only allowed on the big screen. There is no such thing as the "boob tube."
And speaking of Slumdog Millionaire, the most-globally talked about recent film in years, DOES include a...shock! gasp!...kissing scene...and not to mention more potentially offensive, sexually-controversial subject matter than that of a married couple stealing a quite kiss near a crowded train station (which ironically is the same setting where the Slumdog kiss takes place.)
Indians need to get a freakin reality check!
They shouldn't be offended by a married couple showing affection for each other, but rather, be offended by the way they are destroying their country and the world with their stubborn and reckless reproductive practices.
Maybe they should take a lesson from Cookie Monster...