Friday, May 8, 2009

Elizabeth Edwards' Message to Whores


Yesterday, Elizabeth Edwards sat down with Oprah to talk for the first time publicly, since the scandal of her husband John Edwards became known.

Here's what she said to Oprah:

"I blame John...and her...but also, women need to have more respect for other women," she says. "There's no excuse for women to do this. I have created this life...this is a life I have put together. It takes a lot of hard work to put together a marriage, to put together a family and a home. And you spend a lot of time trying to do that...You can't just say, 'Hey, I like the way that looks, knock on the door and say, 'You're out and I'm in!' You can't do that. Somebody has worked hard at that and you have to have enough respect for other human beings to leave their lives alone. And if you admire that life, build it for yourself. Don't just try to come in and take somebody else's life."

It's so easy...and selfish...to covet someone else's mate. Someone else's life.

Who among us hasn't looked at a person and wondered longingly...if it were only he and I? Or she and I?

True devastation lies in taking the what-could've-beens and turning them into a reality.

No comments: