Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Cincinnati Fairey Tale Beginning



If you missed the free opening celebration of Shepard Fairey's "Supply and Demand" exhibit at the CAC last Friday...well, then you should just go ahead and punch yourself in the face.



To say that the Fairey opening was *THE* event of the city that Friday night would definitely be one of the biggest understatements of the year. The place was (uncomfortably) packed but yet buzzed with the energy from Fairey's 250 works and the magnitude of the realization of just how darn lucky/blessed Cincinnati really was to have gotten such a big, artistic "get."


I felt incredibly lucky to have been able to say, I was there when the Fairey tale unfolded...

 
 

And if you don't want to go completely blue from all the punching of the face, you still have a chance to catch Fairey's work. The exhibit runs from Feb 20 - Aug 22, 2010. So get there...unless I punch you in the face.


Also, look for (some of the initial) murals Fairey has erected so far around the city (it's been confirmed he'll return in May to finish installing the rest.) Consider it your newest scavenger hunt assignment of sorts. See if you can take pics of all of them...I know I'll be!


To learn more about Fairey's fairy tale, go here and here.


Also, find him on Facebook and Twitter.

And in honor of the exhibit, I decided to get Fairey-fied myself...

 

Get Fairey-fied here.

2 comments:

5chw4r7z said...

I should have used the iPhone camera. Got 1 picture in the gallery and was scolded.
Well what an exhibit that was, I'm going back to see it again without the crowds.

Maureen said...

dude. what do you think i used? my trusty ole bb phone camera. imo, i'd rather have (poor quality) pics than none at all! and obviously, i didn't let the scolding stop me.