Thursday, February 18, 2010

I'm (sick and) Tired Of...


There are a lot of things in this world that piss me off. And if I didn't love Jesus, I'd go Moses on every single thing that pisses me off.


SO...since I can't go Moses on every single thing that pisses me off, I compromise by (trying) to channel that pissedoffness into something productive...and legal.


That's why when I heard about Dan Hoffman and Carrie Pollare, I was inspired...to do something.


Dan & Carrie founded I'm Tired Of. You can read their whole story here, but in a nutshell, they took their passions about what pissed them off and decided to do something about them.


And not only that, they turned it into something cool, trendy and fashionable.

Based on the success of Lance Armstrong's LIVESTRONG bracelet concept, Dan & Carrie created their own bracelet - out of recycled metals & tires (get it?! tires..."tired of!" I freaking love it!) - that could represent/support/bring awareness to, not only one specific cause, but rather multiple ones. Check out the full list of current causes here. For every $10 bracelet you buy, they donate half the sale ($5) to the causes. The best part? If you don't see a cause on the list, you can suggest a new one or vote for their next cause(s). Oh and FYI, if you're not digging the bracelet (or you have extremely tiny wrists; bracelets are a lil snug) then you can purchase T-Shirts, bumper stickers, key chains or pet tags for your cause.

I got my seven bracelets in the mail the other day (See? I told you a lot of things pissed me off...and that's just the tip of the iceberg!)



And who knows, on those days that I'm EXTRA pissed off, I just might wear them all...at once! (They sure beat the ole' black elastic Goody hair ties I wear.)

So there!



You know the drill... please support Dan & Carrie on Facebook and Twitter.

1 comment:

5chw4r7z said...

I saw those online somewhere awhile back and thought they were kind of cool.
At least now when I see the "cigar smoking carnivores" bracelet I can duck.