Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Oh the Humanity


I found out, through a fellow tweep, that someone passed away last week.

I didn't even know this man personally. Never met, talked, corresponded, or tweeted with him. Apparently, he was well known and connected in the social media world.

John Kennedy recently lost his job and some thought that things were amiss with him, evident through his various Facebook and Twitter updates. Apparently, John committed suicide.

Even though I don't know John, upon hearing of his passing, I immediately felt crushed hearing about him. It felt like a close friend of mine passed away.

I instantly regretted that I never had the opportunity to interact with John in any capacity, even if it was just over Twitter.

I regretted not having the opportunity to potentially impact his life, hopefully positively, in any capacity.

I regretted not having the simple chance to say, "Hi John. Hope you have a great day."

Anything. Just a chance to let him know that someone cared.

Why is the loss of human life so compelling?

Why do we care when someone, even complete strangers, die?

It made me think about how much God must feel about our lives.

How devastated He must feel when one of us passes away or takes our own life.

I wonder if God weeps when we die?

Does He get depressed when someone or some animal stops existing?

I can only imagine His grief.

John, even though I only knew about you, because of your death, I want you to know that I am sad you're gone. I want you to know that I care about you.

And I'm sad that you thought there weren't other options.

I want you to know, you'll be missed.

Rest in peace John. God speed.



John S. Kennedy Memorial Service

Thursday, March 5, 2009
11 AM EST
Charles Miller Funeral Home
3464 Central Parkway
Cincinnati, Ohio 45223

If you know or suspect someone may be experiencing depression and suicidal tendencies, please click here to see how you can make a difference and potentially save a precious life.

Click here to offer them spiritual guidance.



"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Psalm 34:18 (New International Version)

1 comment:

5chw4r7z said...

What was his twitter id?
His picture looks very familiar.