Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sign of the Time?



For a few years now, I've noticed that every time I look at a clock, TV, microwave, cell phone, computer screen, or any other electronic device that displays the time, it will inevitably
always read:

9:11

Now, I realize what 9/11 has come to represent and be associated with, so I don't know if that's what influenced the time significance (as I like to call it) for me or the fact that on that very same day, my grandmother, who had been diagnosed with breast cancer, slipped in and out of consciousness, and ultimately never came back and finally passed away on September 19.

I wonder if it's because my grandmother and I were extrem
ely close, that the time 9:11 has greater significance for me or it's just a coincidence.

But I'm not really one to chock things down to coincidence. I always believe things happen for a reason...and for me, that means it's always divinely inspired.

I know several other people, friends and acquaintances who experience similar time/number significance. One friend, says he always sees
3:33.


In the movie Hide and Seek, Robert De Niro's character keeps waking up to see 2:06 a.m. on his bedside clock, which ends up being an integral key to the plot's climax. It wasn't just a coincidence that he woke up from a nightmare fit of sweats, to look over and see 2:06. De Niro's character took a while to figure out the importance of 2:06 (I'm not saying that my time significance is similar to his! At least I hope not! Rent/buy the movie to find out why!)

Speaking of movies and coincidences, the movie Signs is rife with what initially seems like random and unrelated facts, traits and circumstances, about each character, but by the end of the movie, it's clear that every "random" thing wasn't haphazard at all, but actually a "sign" or "miracle" that was integral in fulfilling the most significant role of each characters' lives.


Initially when I saw the movie in the theater on opening night, I thought it was a let-down, but once I grasped M.Night Shyamalan's "message," I found a whole new respect for the film.

Everything from Abigail Bresslin's character's habit of leaving half-full glasses of water around the house, to the various framed pictures and drapes around the house that had circular patterns in/on them, to the little boy's asthma, to the mom's accident, to Joaquin Phoenix's character's innate way with a bat...were just not coincidences. They were signs. Signs of what was to come.

So where am I going with this whole time significance/coincidence thingy?

I think the reason why I and countless other people see a certain time isn't coincidental at all, but rather very significant and possibly serves as a precursor sign, warning, alert - or whatever you want to call it - preparing us for some substantial future event in our lives.

Who knows what or how the time significance will play out, but mark my words, it's happening for a reason.

Towards the end of the movie Signs, Mel Gibson's character poses this question to Joaquin Phoenix's character (starting at 4:48 in the clip below):

"See, what you have to ask yourself is, what kind of person are you? Are you the kind who sees signs, sees miracles, or do you believe that, people just get lucky? Is it possible, there are no coincidences?"

Watch the clip below and decide...are you the kind of person that sees signs?

But more importantly...do you believe in signs?

I would pay attention, if I were you...



No comments: