Thursday, April 2, 2009

Song of the Workout #1: Battleflag


So, I've come to the conclusion that an amendment of sorts is in order round about here.

As you know, I have my Song of the Days (SOTDs), but I've noticed that more often than not, the original SOTD, will inevitably be replaced by a SOTW.

And pray tell what exactly is a SOTW?

Song of the Workout, is a song that is so fierce that it trumps the original SOTD, just by its pure awesomeness and power to get me through my strenuous workouts.

These songs help me take that next step, next jog, go that extra mile, go that extra minute. The song that I keep on repeat, because I just can't get enough of it. I couldn't fathom working out without music. How do some people do it?

So, henceforth, such songs will be labeled/categorized accordingly.

So which tune gets the honor of being the official inductee?

The song below helped me through my first post-Caribbean vacation workout today.

Running on the treadmill just isn't the same as running on the beach with salty sea foam spraying your face, as you trudge through warm crystal sand, under a glaring Caribbean sun, with a dazzling blue sky and teal waters fanning your face with a cool Windward breeze.

It just isn't.

It's kinda ironic that the song came up in my iPod que today, since the first time I heard it was during the E.R. episode in which Dr. Carter gets stabbed. Ironic, since tonight just happens to be the series finale episode of E.R. on NBC
(and I swear I didn't plan it.)

Pretty ironic...hey didn't some chic come up with some song about irony? hmmm...

Anyways...here's the song...



No comments: