Monday, February 23, 2009

You Reap What You Sow


"As I have observed, those who plow evil and those who sow trouble reap it."

Job 4:8 (New International Version)

To those who actively and purposely sow seeds of hate, malice, jealousy, gossip, evil, lies and overall will ill...remember, that what you sow, you surely will reap.

It's a foolish move really...planting seeds of hate, when in the end, all you have to show are crops of hate that eventually are self-destructive.

Don't think the above verse won't apply to you just because you don't believe in a Judaic Christian God? Well, you're not off the hook that easily!

Remember this little "golden rule?":

"Do onto others, as you would have them do onto you."

Oh, and then there's that other little thing...what was it again...oh yeah...karma.

Your seeds of hate will not prevail. Why? Because my God told me so...

"No weapon forged against you will prevail,
and you will refute every tongue that accuses you.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,
and this is their vindication from me,"
declares the Lord."

Isaiah 54:17 (New International Version)

Your actions can't EVER harm me...because I'm a child of God.

In the meantime, these words are my mantra...

"Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse."

Romans 12:14 (New International Version)

Because as you choose to sow seeds of hate, I choose to sow seeds of love, grace and forgiveness.

Because I have learned, that what I sow, I reap.

And I want to reap a bountiful, rewarding crop.

No comments: