Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Reading Between the Choices


Watched The Reader on Sunday.

Needless to say, this is an excellent film. Stunning acting. Incredible thought-provoking plot and themes.

One of the main underlying themes is the concept of choices. How a single choice, or the lack of acting on a choice, can profoundly impact lives.

I wonder, if given the ability and access to consult magic crystal balls that reveal the future, if anyone would make the right choice, even if the outcome was known.

This life is filled with choices. Ethical, moral, rational, imperative, etc. As I go about my life, I wonder if I'm making the right choices.
I know living a regret-free life is almost impossible, but I hope the choices I make are, at the least, pleasing to God.

I wonder if my life were a movie, if it would play out as a drama, comedy, romance, tragedy, etc.

And I wonder, in the end, if I'll be awarded for my "performance," by the One who matters most.

No comments: